Tuesday 23 April 2013

Here. We. Go.

Again. . . 

I've had this blog up for longer than I can remember, maybe even longer than that, and in that whole time I've made a handful of updates, each one sporadic and unrelated to the the previous and often many months apart. In the main this has been due to my use of The Ammobunker as my creative soapbox, once I've updated something on there I can rarely be bothered to update again somewhere else. However, seeing as the interest in what I'm turning my hand to has waned on AB, and seeing as many of my favourite people just aren't posting on it any more, I decided to have another go at this blogging malarky to see if I could make it a little more of a regular thing. 

First, I suppose, I need to get the life updates out of the way. I moved house in December, from my old 2 bedroom flat to a larger 3 bedroom flat with its own loft. Pretty soon after the missus and I moved in it was decided that I should get my own dedicated space to work on my hobby; that space turned out to be the loft. At present I have a nice desk up there, along with more than enough space for two 6x4 gaming tables and sufficient headroom for Peter Dinklage as a regular gaming buddy (I'm 6ft 3, so this is a bit of an issue). On the hobby side of things I went through a phase of 40K at the end of last year and spent a fair amount on making my motley collection of Elysian models into a usable force but then I lost interest when bigger things, like walls, needed painting. For now, though, I'm very much getting back into Flames of War and I don't doubt that 15mm WW2 stuff will form the bulk of what I do over the coming months, possibly even the whole year. 

I'll be getting some proper posts up in the coming days and weeks, with pictures and sarcasm and whatever else my audience wants to see. For now, however, I'm buzzing out.

Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment