Saturday 8 June 2013

The Black Bull Rides

Afternoon folks, time for another update.

Finally got my tank troop painted up, and they are looking mighty fine. My original intention had been to paint the Shermans in this list as a troop from the 2nd Irish Guards, but after doing a little more research into Britain's armoured divisions I realised that it would be inappropriate to do so. Throughout the entire war, the Guards Armoured division were pretty strict about using their vehicles as they were supplied. They didn't up arm their half tracks with MGs, nor did they jalopy their light tanks or armoured cars; with this in mind, they certainly wouldn't have used cast/welded hybrid Firefly tanks. I needn't have worried, however, as the 11th Armoured division were certainly more than willing to add, remove and change things on their vehicles at the drop of a hat. So allow me to present to you No. 3 Troop, A Squadron, 3rd Royal Tank Regiment.


 photo DSCF5222.jpg
3 Troop, A Sqn, 3 RTR

 photo DSCF5223.jpg
Command Tank

 photo DSCF5224.jpg

 photo DSCF5226.jpg

 photo DSCF5227.jpg
A Tank

 photo DSCF5228.jpg

 photo DSCF5229.jpg

 photo DSCF5230.jpg
B Tank

 photo DSCF5231.jpg

 photo DSCF5232.jpg

 photo DSCF5233.jpg
C Tank

 photo DSCF5234.jpg

 photo DSCF5235.jpg

With the completion of the Sherman troop I've only got the parachute artillery battery to paint and then I can call this army done! And finally, before I sign off, I found this little gem on the intertubes the other day, and while its a couple of days late its fairly appropriate since Thursday was the 69th anniversary of the D Day landings. . .

 photo 130216.jpg

Peace out folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment